7/31/2017 8:00:00 AM/Categories: Popular Posts, General News, Weather, Today's Top 5
For those who are interested in helping, here is a running list of what is needed and where you can help or donate. Please contact the team leads before showing up with donations. This is one of the most important things you can do to help our neighbors in coordinating. We have so many generous neighbors and are trying to make the most out of the donations without overwhelming the locals!
HAY, TRUCKING AND FEED LOT COORDINATION:
· Jana Hance, Redwater Valley Bank: 406-485-4782, mobile 406-974-2555
Send details to Jana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Jana and let her know what you have to donate OR what you need.
LIVESTOCK FEED (NOT HAY):
· Lori Murnion at 406-977-2334
FENCING DONATIONS (Material Drop-off):
**When dropping off, please call ahead!!**
· Lori Murnion: Lori is coordinating drop off and unloading please call her ahead of time at 406-977-2334
· Jordan drop-off: Please go to Lammers Brothers on the 97 Highway 200 East North side of Jordan, Lammers is a drop-off point only, they are not coordinating pick-ups.
EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES/OIL DONATIONS:
· Lori Murnion at 406-977-2334
· Checks can be made to Garfield County Fire Foundation c/o Garfield County Bank PO Box 6, Jordan, MT 59337 (406-557-2201) or send to Circle c/o Redwater Valley Bank, PO Box 60, Circle, MT 59215 (406-485-4782). NOTE: Applications for Short term and long term funds can be made to Garfield County Fire Foundation and will be distributed by their board. Call the Garfield County Bank for more info.
*Stockman Bank is also accepting donations to the Garfield County Fire Foundation at ALL of their branches and is generously providing a match of up to $10,000 for all monies collected through their branches.
· Cash and credit card donations are accepted at the Sand Springs Store 3198 Highway 200W (Sandy Gibson - 406-557-6144)
· Cash and credit card donations for fuel are accepted in Winnett at B&D Gas Station (406-429-5291)
· Cash donations for fencing, hay and grazing are accepted by Petroleum County Stockgrowers Relief Fund PO BOX 147 Winnett, MT 59087
· Online donations can be made here.
· Y Cross Feeds in Jordan is collecting donations.This money can be used by producers affected by the fire for anything they need: fencing supplies, feed, vaccine, etc. Any unused portions remaining by September 1, 2018 will be donated to the Garfield Volunteer Fire Department. Call Larry at (406) 977-6228 for further details.
FIRE AREA DROP-OFFS:
**Please have drop-offs occur between 9am and 5pm**
· Jordan: VFW Hall
· Winnett: 221 W Main St. (Beth Hoverson)
SURROUNDING AREA DONATION COLLECTION POINTS:
· Baker: DES Alycia Conroy 406-978-3977
· Big Timber: Sweet Grass County Fairgrounds – 7/26-7/28 (Lydia Sargent 406-223-0688)
o Joy Global at 1124 main Street. Drop-off between 6:30am and 4:00pm, Mon-Fri. (Gerard Murnion 406-200-5511) - Through August 4. After August 4, go to Western Ranch Supply.
o Western Ranch Supply west-end location. Drop-off between 8:00am and 6:00pm, (406-252-6692)
o Western Ag Reporter accepting donations as well (Contact Linda Grosskopf)
· Bozeman: KB Building Supply shop at 8256 Huffine Lane.
· Bridger: Town and Country Supply Crystal 406-662-3623
o Circle Sheriff 's Office
o Ryan Ketchum Trucking gathering pallets of barbed wired, bundles of steels & ties, water tanks, also collecting money to purchase supplies.
He is coordinating with the following businesses to come pickup in those towns and deliver to Jordon. Contact Ryan Ketchum 406-853-1131 or Erin at 406-974-2059.
· Forsyth: Rosebud County Sherriff Office
· Glasgow: Haylie Shipp – 406-853-0483
o AgPro Solutions 1028 N. Anderson, Jesse at 406-939-3088
o Border Steele 406-377-4398 or 1-800-423-5219
o Paramount Service and Supply 38 Highway 200 South, Ty Zimdars at 406-987-3533
o XPO Logistics will have drop off location at Runnings, Mike Poavs at 406-855-3942
· Grass Range: Little Montana Truck Stop
· Joliet: Copper Willow Salon, Jasper at 406-647-9879
· Lewistown: Fergus County 4-H Ambassadors are accepting donations at the Central Montana Fair contact Jennifer at 406-366-1677
· Livingston: Spur-Line contact Sophi at 406-220-3338
· Meagher County: Sherriff's Office. Call Tara Mathews at 406-223-0784
· Miles City:
o Miles City Livestock – 406-234-1790
o Murdoch's is offering discounts on fencing supplies and gathering donations and coordinating delivery (Call Linda Hardwood 406-232-3422)
o Ace Hardware
o Cowtown Ag
o East Main Animal Clinic & Country Paws Kennels is offering kennel space for small animals, 406-234-6900 or 406-852-0066
o Bridger Steel and Recycling: collecting fencing supplies,12 Peggy Lane-406-874-7428
o Les Redfield 406-724-7202
o Pro-Coop 406-762-3231
· Red Lodge: Red Lodge Rodeo Grounds call Chris Jeffrey 406-697-3526
· Roundup: Kilby Colony contact Joe Stahl 406-320-0440
o Reynolds Market
o Farver Farms north of town 406-783-7113
o Reeverts Fencing LLC: 406-487-2362 accepting monetary donations for fencing supplies by phone
· Wolf Point: Drop-off at Wilbur Ellis call JD Stensland at 406-853-8352
Northern Ag Note:
It is essential that you contact the team leads above before showing up to help or donate.
Donation collection points will continue to be updated. To supply additions or changes to this information please contact Courtney Brown Kibblewhite (email@example.com) or Amelia Manuel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Northern Ag at 406-252-6661
Mary Brown Photo, Brown Ranch- Sand Springs, MT
7/24/2017 1:57 PM
How can someone go volunteer to help the firefighters fight the fire?
Jo Dee Watson
7/24/2017 7:10 PM
Contact Anne Miller 406-853-3610
Sherry l Welty
7/29/2017 5:18 PM
I have a pickup and trailer is there a need for help hauling livetock? I am available to donate my time and rigs on the weekends
7/31/2017 5:07 PM
I have some questions about the land that has been damaged so far. if someone could contact me with a possible list or names of the ones who have had their property damaged by the fires so i can be in contact with the landowners so i can begin my documentary on the wildfires in america. thank you so much for your time.
U.S. ARMY Veteran
Larry R Rose
7/31/2017 5:51 PM
I would like to come help rebuild fence whenever you are ready...I am retired and not tied...Willing to help...Thanks
8/3/2017 9:21 AM
I have two trailer house frames, would make a great bridge deck, or cattle guards with a little work. They are 70' long. I would like to donate them someone in the fire area that could use them and benefit from them. They are located in Hysham, MT and would need to be hauled. I can be contacted at email@example.com.
8/3/2017 2:40 PM
I'm in va and would like to donate hay to help out where can I send orchard grass round bales
8/7/2017 3:08 PM
ISO: Truckers in Western MT, willing to donate a load or two of hauling, or haul for fuel, to the Lodgepole Fire Area...I have loads from Anaconda to Winnefred and several letters of the alphabet between. I also have 2 loads in Riverton WY, some in Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri & Ohio. Email me if you are interested in hay hauling please: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashland Montana 1899.
The stories of a strong ranching community in Eastern Montana.
It burns up everything awful fast, but how quickly soil and vegetation recover from a fire depends on...