This week the 35th Annual MATE Show and Home & Health Expo will kick off on Thursday, February 19th at MetraPark in Billings and run through Saturday, February 21st. Doors are open each day from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, except for Saturday when the show closes at 5:00 pm. Over 225 exhibitors will be showcasing their products in over 450 booths, making it the largest show of this kind in Montana.
The MATE’s Justin Mills joined the Northern Ag Network’s Russell Nemetz on television this week for a preview.
The MATE Show is the flagship component of the event and will feature the latest farming and ranching equipment, products, and services over the three days. There will also be several presentations offered on issues of key importance to the agriculture industry. MATE Show attendees will have the opportunity to enter a grand prize drawing for a John Deere 625i donated by John Deere.
Here are some of the primary exhibitors that will be on display and featured in the MATE Show Theater available for interview:
• Retirement on Red Zone, 12pm, Thursday, Feb. 17th and Family Business Succession, 12pm Friday, Feb. 18th and Saturday, Feb. 19th by Prudential.
• Safflower Technology with the latest developments in the safflower market at 2pm daily.
• The MSU Extension Service will offer Weed Management at 11am and a Pesticide Poisonings presentation at 1pm on Friday, Feb. 18th. Two presentations will be held on Saturday, Feb. 19th: Mountain Pine Beetle at 11am and Grasshopper Control at 1pm.
• Record Keeping, WPS, Container Recycling at 10am and Pocket Gopher Control, 11am Thursday, Feb. 17th presented by Department of Agriculture.
• Northwest Pipe will present Lorentz Solar Pumping at 1pm on Thursday, Feb 17th and 10am Friday, Feb. 18th and Saturday, Feb. 19th.
• RTK GPS Farming System presented by Torgerson’s on the advantages and cost savings of this state of the art technology Thursday, Feb. 18th and Friday Feb. 19th at 3pm.
Free tickets are available at the NILE office, First Interstate Bank locations, and from all MATE Show exhibitors. For a complete list of events, vendors, and map of the 2011 MATE Show and Home & Health Expo, go to www.themateshow.com.
Source: Northern Ag Network