Montana Farmers Union is excited to host the traveling workshop series Rebuilding Food Resiliency. In May MFU is taking the program to Havre, Lewistown, Shelby and Choteau. The June series will cover Billings, Miles City and Sidney. MFU will provide a complimentary meal at each location. The workshop series is sponsored in part by Farmers Union Insurance.
“We are thrilled to be visiting Central and Eastern Montana with a workshop series specifically designed with rural communities and producers in mind,” said Montana Farmers Union President Walter Schweitzer. “We want attendees to walk away with valuable knowledge about programs available to them to help their operations. We want to thank our friends at Farmers Union Insurance for co-sponsoring for the event.”
The workshop series will cover the following topics:
- Funding opportunities for communities that create food resiliency through the American Rescue Plan. A representative from Senator Jon Tester’s office will speak to funding for rural broadband, rural hospitals and emergency services. A representative from the Montana Department of Agriculture will discuss funding opportunities at the state level.
- A presentation on the Montana Farmers Union Meat Cooperative by MFU Special Projects Manager Matt Rains. A visit from the local development authority to discuss programs, and how you can apply for assistance or get involved!
- Overview of the Commercial Property Assessed Capital Enhancements(C-PACE) program presented by Northern Plains Resource Council.
- Presentation on current products by a local Farmers Union Insurance agent.
Below are the dates and locations of the workshop series:
- May 18th – 6:00 pm – Havre
- May 19th – 11:30 am – Shelby
- May 19th – 6:00 pm – Choteau
- May 20th – 6:00 pm – Lewistown
- June 9th – 6:00 pm – Billings
- June 10th – 11:30 am – Miles City
- June 10th – 6:00 pm – Sidney
There is no cost to attend! For more information on the workshop series visit montanafarmersunion.com.