BISMARCK – Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring has scheduled the annual Pesticide and Fertilizer Forum for 1 p.m., Monday, Nov. 30, at the Holiday Inn, 3803 13th Ave. S., in Fargo.
“The forum brings together pesticide and fertilizer users, applicators, dealers, manufacturers and NDSU Extension personnel to learn about and discuss major issues and concerns related to agricultural chemicals,” Goehring said. “It is also an opportunity for the stakeholders to discuss how the department can better meet their needs.”
Goehring said the North Dakota Department of Agriculture’s Pesticide and Fertilizer Division will provide presentations and lead discussions on variety of topics, including:
· Fertilizer auditing and sampling reports, and trends;
· Pesticide inspections, compliance and trends;
· Worker Protection standard law changes;
· Update on anhydrous ammonia issues;
· Proposed pesticide applicator certification changes;
· North Dakota Department of Agriculture Bee map demonstration; and
· Open discussion on Sec 18 and 24(c) needs for 2016.
Goehring said the forum coincides with the annual Ag Expo in Fargo, giving participants the opportunity to take part in both events.
The forum is open to the public.