A handful of shearing schools have announced their dates for 2018 and 2019.
In addition to learning to shear in a hands-on manner, the schools offer
These schools offer training for a wide variety of students – from hobby farmers looking to shear their own flocks to those with aspirations of shearing professionally.
- Ohio Shearing School – Sept. 14-15 in Hebron, Ohio. For information, contact Roger High at 614-246-8299 or visit http://www.ohiosheep.org.
- Kansas Sheep Shearing School – Oct. 19-21 in Manhattan, Kan. For information, contact Alison Crane at email@example.com.
- North Dakota Shearing School – Nov. 17-19, in Hettinger, N.D. For information, contact Christopher Schauer at Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.ndsheep.org.
- South Dakota Shearing School – Dec. 5-7, in Brookings, S.D. For information, contact Jeff Held at 605-690-7033, Jeffrey.Held@sdstate.edu, or visit https://www.sdstate.edu/agriculture-biological-sciences/animal-science/sheep-shearing-school.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Shearing School – Jan. 12-14, 2019, in San Angelo, Texas. For information, visit https://agrilife.org/sheepandgoat/registration/
- Utah State University Shearing School – Jan. 17-19, 2019, Details To Be Announced.
- Missouri University Extension Shearing School – March 6-7, 2019, in Jefferson City, Mo. For information, contact Erin Brindisi at 573-681-5859 or email BrindisiE@LincolnU.edu.
- Washington State Beginning Shearing School – April 2-6, 2019, in Moses Lake, Wash. An Advanced Shearing School is April 7, 2019, also in Moses Lake. For information, contact Sarah Smith at 509-754-2011, ext. 4313, email@example.com, or visit http://www.wssp.org.
- Tennessee Annual Shearing School – April 26-27, 2019, in Murfreesboro, Tenn. For information, contact Mark Powell at 615-519-7796, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.tennesseesheep.org.